Supports are subject to the following rules:
- You can support up to a maximum of 2 proposals.
Rural Communities Fund
- 🔎 Justification of the need
The purpose of this Fund is to finance non-urban and community-based projects.
Rural communities find themselves in a process of loss of sovereignty and depopulation that is difficult to reverse. Their environment is constantly threatened by large projects and cuts in basic services, and communities feel they have lost participation in the governance of their reality, their resources and the environment in their own context. On the other hand, and despite the current media noise of public policies that affect them, local communities do not have easy access to contracts and subsidies destined for their own territory.
Policies and proposals coming from outside often do not take into account the reality and potential of communities, and their fundamental role in population fixation, attracting new inhabitants and land stewardship and regeneration is not always recognised.
This fund aims to support initiatives that arise from within the communities that work on a daily basis for the survival and strengthening of the rural environment, from all its angles.
Even if they are eligible for both public and private aid, many of these communities sometimes do not have easy access to the co-financing required by the administrations and major funders.
The aim is therefore to support community-based projects that dynamise the territories and influence their governance, sovereignty in the management of resources of any kind, custody, conservation and regeneration of the territory, as well as access to culture, memory, communication and access to citizenship, always based on self-management and community work.
The main social commitment is agrorural development, but all the categories could be applicable in so far as they represent the sectors that develop in this area.
- 🎯 Recipients of the funds
Entities or collectives that carry out community-based actions/projects in rural areas working on governance, sovereignty in the management of any kind of resources, custody, conservation and regeneration of the territory, as well as access to culture, memory and access to citizenship, always based on self-management.
- 🌍 Geographic scope
- 📍 Location
- 💰 Funding of the fund
The Goteo community provides the fundOther funding sources
- 🚀 Organisations that could support the fund
- Networks representing or supporting rural communities + entities not represented by the networks, which will express their support through the endorsement and messaging tools :)
- 🧩 Main social commitment
- Agrorural development
- 💶 Estimated fund budget (€)
- 👥 Estimated number of beneficiary projects
- 📝 Specific selection criteria
- Local territorial impact, rooted in the territory, as a fundamental criteria.
- Community governance, collective initiatives.
- Difficulty in fundraising.
- Transparency, through the commitment to participate in the tools/guidelines provided by the fund itself.
- Social balance: firm commitment to participate in collective training for the selected projects on social balance.
- 💭 Proposal created by
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?